Livestock Poisoning Possible from Wilting Black Cherry Leaves, MSU says

Thunderstorms ravaged western Michigan during the night of June 12th leaving behind broken roofs and property. A lot of people will also be without power for some time. Michigan State University extension recommends that producers take caution in regard to feeding their livestock the leaves from black cherry trees. The toxic component of these leaves is referred to as prussic acid and it could pose a lethal poisoning risk to the livestock. Recommended advice for producers is to remove the black cherry trees or at least evacuate the animals until the leaves dry up and turn brown.

 Read More Here!

 

Connect with Us

Archives